Monday, March 14, 2011

Star Burst Effect - Adobe Photoshop CS5

So you want to want to be an Adobe Photoshop Pro?
I have felt this way for the past 6 or so years.  Ever since I first started working with computers in high school I knew this was my path.  But there have been many obstacles that have been blocking my path and I have just now been able to sit down and learn Adobe.  3 times a week I will be posting to this blog showing you how to do some really great effects and also talk about tech stuff. This will help me make up for the past 6 years I lost not doing what I love.  And you can learn them along with me.  I will start out by posting the instructions on how to complete the intended look or effect and eventually I will be posting videos below each blog.  So here is the first post.  If you have any questions please go to the contact me page.  There you can send me all the questions you have.  If you like what I have posted leave a comment below the blog and as always join my followers page to make sure you are kept up to date with all of the postings I make.

Ok the first post is all about the Burst effect.  This is a really neat and easy effect you can make on your own.  After you make the burst effect you can manipulate the colors to give it an even cooler look.

Skill level: Beginner
Steps:
1) Open Photoshop CS5 (Or whatever version you are running.  I only know that this effect works on CS5)
2)Go to (File>New) Set width/hight pixels to 1000 and resolution to 72 pixels/inch
3)Make sure foreground color is set to white and background color is set to black
4)Click on Gradient tool in your menu tool bar
5)Click the pointer at the top of the page as close to the middle as possible click>hold shift>drag pointer to the bottom of the page
6)Click (Filter>distort>wave) "Note:You can adjust the settings to your liking but for this tutorial use (Square) under "Type" then click ok"
7)Next go back click (Filter>distort>Polar coordinates) "Note:You can choose your own settings for fun later but for this tutorial to obtain the burst effect as show above make sure rectangular to polar is selected"
8)Next go to (Image>Adjustments>Color Balance) "Note: From here you can adjust your tone balance and color.  You can also go to (Image>Vibrance) to give your picture a better look. You might also add a filter to your picture to add to the effect.

And thats it.  After you have gone through and made your own burst click on the comment section below and leave a comment on how yours turned out.  Did the instructions work out for your?  Also if there are any ideas you would like me to review or do put that in the comments section below.  I would also like to see how yours turned out so you can e-mail your picture to me and I just might feature it.

The stressed collective staggers against the consenting body.

No comments:

Post a Comment